Black Darwin Designer Clownfish – Pair
- We will contact you to arrange a delivery day
- Delivery days are Tuesday-Friday
- Quality Livestock
- Reward Points
5 in stock (can be backordered)
Common & Latin Name: Pair - Black Darwin Designer Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
Care level: Easy
Max Size: 7cm
Reef Compatibility: Yes
Origin: Captive Bred
Approximate purchase size: 2.5-3.5cm
Black Darwin clownfish, also known as Amphiprion ocellaris, are a popular and iconic species of marine fish. These colourful fish are commonly kept in home aquariums, and with proper care, they can thrive and live for several years. Here are some basic tips on how to keep Black Darwin clownfish in your aquarium.
- Tank Size: Black Darwin clownfish are small fish, but they still require a sufficient amount of space to swim around. A minimum tank size of 20 gallons is recommended for a pair of clownfish. If you plan to keep more than two clownfish, you will need a larger tank.
- Water Quality: It's crucial to maintain excellent water quality in your aquarium. Clownfish are sensitive to changes in water parameters, so it's important to perform regular water changes to keep ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite levels in check. Additionally, make sure to monitor the pH, salinity, and temperature of the water regularly.
- Tank Setup: Black Darwin clownfish are reef-safe and can be kept in a reef tank. However, they do need some hiding spots in the tank, such as rocks or coral caves. Make sure to provide plenty of hiding places for your clownfish, especially if you have more than one in the tank.
- Diet: Clownfish are omnivores, and in the wild, they feed on algae, plankton, and small crustaceans. In captivity, they can be fed a variety of foods, including flakes, pellets, frozen foods, and live foods. It's important to provide a varied diet to ensure that your clownfish receive all the nutrients they need.
- Tank Mates: Black Darwin clownfish are generally peaceful fish and can be kept with other non-aggressive species. However, it's best to avoid keeping them with large or aggressive fish, as they may be bullied or become stressed.
- These Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor). These require a 100L system minimum, that is mature and settled. Clownfish can live without Anemones and will often host other corals that may offer the same kind of home for them such as a Toadstool or Pulsing Xenia.
In conclusion, Black Darwin clownfish are a beautiful and fascinating species of marine fish that can be a joy to keep in your home aquarium. By following these basic tips, you can ensure that your clownfish thrive and live a long, healthy life in your tank.
If you require any advice on keeping these fish, please contact us and speak to member of the team.
What is Backorder?
Answer: Available on backorder means we do not have the item currently in stock but are able to order it in and get it out to you quickly.
What is your special local delivery
Answer: This is where we can deliver livestock to you ourselves to save it going to a courier. This means it will be handled with optimum care same day within the local area of our shop.
If you have any questions about this product please feel free to contact us and speak to a member of the team.
E-mail Us: email@example.com
Click on the live chat icon
If you live within a 10 mile radius of Birmingham University, and your order is £30 or over (not including postage), you qualify for the option to use our Delta Prime delivery service. This means delivery is at a discounted rate and is also hand delivered by ourselves. For livestock this means there’s no overnight shipping, and hand delivered with care by us. Once your order has been placed, we will contact you to arrange time for delivery. Depending on booking slots, orders placed before 12pm, can be delivered the same day or whenever suits you.
Delivery days & times
7 Days a Week: 3pm-7pm
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
IS IT OK TO BUY MARINE FISH ONLINE?
Answer: We believe it’s fine for Marine Fish to be shipped, fish stores have their fish shipped to them also so it doesn’t make a difference whether buying online or at a store. Your fish will have been shipped at some point. We want our quality livestock to be delivered in the best condition. We use high-quality poly boxes and heat packs. We ensure the bags are filled with pure oxygen and double-bagged. We also use a reliable 24-hour licensed courier.
WHAT ARE THE BEST MARINE FISH TO BUY FOR BEGINNERS?
Answer: The Best Marine Fish For Beginners We Recommend Are: Clown Fish – Amphiprion Percula Royal Gramma – Gramma Loreto Banggai Cardinalfish – Pterapogon kauderni Pygmy Basslets – Pictichromis porphyria Yellow Coris Wrasse – Halichoeres Chrysus Angelfish – Pterophyllum Scalare Azure Damselfish – Chrysiptera Hemicyanea Yellow Watchman Goby – Cryptocentrus Cinctus Sailfin Tang – Zebrasoma Veliferum Tiger Goby – Valenciennea wardii Koi Dwarf Parrot – Cirrhilabrus aquamarinus Peacock Wrasse Pseudocheilinus hexataenia Royal Blue Damsel – Chrysiptera springeri
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT KEEPING MARINE FISH?
Answer: If you are thinking of keeping marine fish, you need to know about the following main things: Size Of Your Aquarium? Firstly think about where you will be keeping your tank, as Marine Fish will need a larger tank than Tropical Fish require. Secondly, how many corals and Fish do you wish to house within your aquarium? Then purchase the largest you can store and afford within your price range. Deciding what fish to keep? The number one favourite Marine fish has to be the Clownfish, with its beautiful appearance and ease to keep, it’s top of the list. Goby fish is also a great beginner as it has a peaceful, easy-to-care-for character with striking colours and is fairly inexpensive. Maintaining your aquarium? You should clean your tank every week. Cleaning and checking your filters weekly. Change your aquarium water at least once a month with a small 10% water change weekly will help remove any build-up of waste. Siphon your substrate and clean the glass, this will keep your tank nice and clean for your fish. Get In Touch To Buy Marine Fish Online At Delta Aquarium
WHAT OTHER EQUIPMENT DO YOU ADVISE FOR KEEPING MARINE FISH?
Answer: The equipment you will need when it comes to caring for Marine fish includes: A suitable fish tank Aquarium lighting Substrates and aquarium plants to help create a healthy ecosystem A filter system to keep your water clean and clear An aquarium heater A thermometer to keep to check the temperature stable Aquarium test kits to check pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels Cleaning tools
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I FEED MY MARINE FISH?
Answer: Most marine fish require feeding once a day, but you can make their day more interesting by giving them two to three smaller feeding times a day. Most fish will graze on smaller quantities of food throughout the day.